Advantages with true e-invoicing
- It is easier to achieve a high degree of automation with true e-invoices than with PDF invoices.
- The sender does not automatically receive any confirmation that the PDF invoice has been received by the recipient.
- PDF invoices can be blocked by the recipient’s spam filters.
- Many larger companies do not accept PDF invoices via e-mail.
- The recipient must invest in a scanning solution to interpret PDF invoices automatically.
- Significantly less information (fewer fields) is interpreted with scanning than when invoices are fully electronic.
Studies show that the probability of a scanned invoice being interpreted without errors is just 34.7%, which implies time-consuming fault processing.